Holiday Shipping Update
We understand how important it is to receive your order quickly, especially during the holiday season. We hope that the information provided here will provide you with the necessary information you need to track your order and understand the current challenges impacting shipping carriers.
Because our products are handmade, our production time fluctuates throughout the year based on order volume. We try to get orders processed and ready within 1-3 days.
Shipping Method/Shipping Time:
The shipping method selected at checkout dictates the method and speed with which your order will be shipped. This is separate from our production time, which is the time needed to make your order, pack, and gift wrap (if selected) it.
We offer the following shipping options:
- USPS Media Mail (free, we cover that cost)
- Non-peak season delivery time: 5-7 days
- Peak season: 10+ days
- USPS Priority
- Non-peak season delivery time: 2-3 days
- Peak season: 2-4 days
- UPS 2-day
- 2 business days (excludes weekends)
- UPS 3-day shipping options.
- 3 business days (excludes weekends)
However, because of the very large backlog of packages, USPS is handling this year, those estimates are pushed out substantially.
Unfortunately, we cannot control this, and once your package is shipped, USPS is responsible for final delivery (from the length of time it takes to the route the package takes on its way to you).
Why is shipping so slow this holiday season?
1. The drastic increase in customers shopping online this year, combined with the increase in the mail in voting efforts because of the pandemic, has created significant backlogs for all shipping providers, but primarily USPS. UPS and USPS continue to face higher than normal parcel volumes, and during this time, couriers are delivering packages much later than their service level guarantees.
2. Postal workers are required to follow covid-19 social distancing guidelines. This includes a reduced workforce in post offices and distribution centers.
3. Reduced air traffic, which has directly impacted USPS's ability to get packages across the country in a timely fashion. Instead, USPS is using trucks to transport packages, which results in longer transit times and fewer tracking updates (and sometimes is the reason for no tracking updates for several days/weeks)
Can any action be taken?
One action that has proven helpful to customers in the past is signing up for email or text updates directly from the USPS.com tracking page. We have heard from other small business owners facing the same issues that sometimes this triggers something in the USPS system and causes it to sometimes start showing more updated tracking information.
We understand the frustration this must be causing you. We are encountering the same things with some of our holiday purchases as well. We want to assure you that we hear you, we understand you, and we're right here with you, working hard to help our customers receive their orders as soon as possible.
This year has been especially challenging for small businesses, so we are very grateful for your support this holiday season!
If you still have questions, please don't hesitate to email us at Hello@soothi.com with your order number and we will be happy to help in any way we can!