As 2022 comes to a close, consider the three things you want to leave behind. Such reflection is a great way to start fresh with emotions, people, habits, and mindsets that serve your greater purpose.
Here are a few strategies to help you look forward to the new year.
- Acknowledge and accept your feelings: Acknowledging your positive or negative feelings will help you better understand and process your emotions.
- Audit your attachments: Are you holding onto something you want to let go of? What has changed since you first became attached to it? How has it impacted your life? These questions help clarify what is essential and what isn't.
- Set boundaries: Protect your well-being by setting boundaries at work and home.
- Seek support: It can be helpful to talk to a trusted friend, family member, or mental health professional about your feelings. They can provide a listening ear and offer advice or perspective.
- Practice self-care: Taking care of yourself can help you feel more grounded and make it easier to cope with difficult emotions. Prioritize self-care activities such as exercising, spending time in nature, or engaging in hobbies that bring you joy.
- Live in the moment: While it's important to reflect, avoid getting stuck in the past. Live in the moment and enjoy each day to its fullest.
Remember, taking your time and going at your own pace is okay. Growth is a life-long journey, and you must be kind to yourself as you navigate it.